The series of work shops is called, "Creating a Humane LA". The meetings will be scheduled in the order outlined below, about two weeks apart. There has been a change in the date of the first work shop, so please take note.
District 8 Council Member Bernard Parks will host the first workshop:
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 6 at 6:30 p.m.
High Volume/Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Work Shop
The Constituent Service Center
8475 South Vermont (near Manchester)
Los Angeles, CA 90048
The schedule below will be updated and posted on our website as the work shops are scheduled and confirmed. We will do our best to get the word out to the community and appreciate your assistance in helping us publicize these work shops to anyone who may be interested in attending.
1. High Volume/Low-Cost Spay/Neuter I (CD 8 - Parks - August 6th CONFIRMED)
2. Rescue Groups (CD 13 - Garcetti - August 20th CONFIRMED)
3. Foster Care (CD 2 - Greuel - Week of September 1st)
4. Adoption Programs (CD 10 - Wesson - Week of September 15)
5. Pet Retention (CD 1 - Reyes - Week of September 29th)
6. Medical and Behavioral Rehabilitation (CD 6 - Cardenas - Week of October 6th)
7. Feral Cat TNR (CD 15 - Hahn - Week of October 20th)
8. Volunteers (CD 11 - Rosendahl - November 6th CONFIRMED)
9. Public Relations/Community Involvement (CD 4 - LaBonge – Week of November 17th)
10. High Volume/Low-Cost Spay/Neuter II (CD 7 - Alarcon - Week of December 1st)
11. Creating a Humane LA (The Mayor - Week of December 8th)
The first work shop panel focusing on High Volume/Low-Cost Spay/Neuter programs will include Ed Boks and Brenda Van Den Bosch from LA Animal Services, Terri Austin from the Amanda Foundation, Sue Taylor from Actors and Others, Lori Wiess from Downtown Dog Rescue, and Judie Mancuso from California Healthy Pets. Other knowledgeable people will also be attending. The work shop will be facilitated by the Human Relations Commission.
Any organization who would like to set up an information table at any of these work shops to explain your role in legitimately and meaningfully helping LA achieve No-Kill is invited to contact LA Animal Services at 213.482.9530 to determine if we can accommodate you.
If you or your group would like to serve on a work shop panel discussion, please contact me at 213.482.9558 to discuss your involvement.
Be watching for additional updates!
If you would like to review what is currently happening in LA with respect to the ten components of of the No-Kill Equation, click here.